Nine has won week 9 in Total People, 16-39 and 25-54 and both in primary and network shares.
Sunday 26 February to Saturday 4 March, 2023
Network Share Total People
Primary Share Total People
Network Share 16-39
Primary Share 16-39
Network Share 25-54
Primary Share 25-54
Multi Channel Total People
5 Capital City Network Total People
5 Capital City Primary Total People
Nine has a clean sweep winning Network Total People and Network Primary Channel as well as Network / Primary 16-39 and Network / Primary 25-54.
Nine claimed a Total People Network win in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne. Seven took Adelaide and Perth. Nine claimed a Total People Primary win in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide. Seven took Perth.
Seven can claim highest multi channel for the week with 7two.
10 Peach was the highest rating multi channel in both 16-39 and 25-54.
ABC TV did beat 10 in total people in both network and primary channel, however, it should be noted that ABC have a massive advantage in older age brackets. In 16-39, 10 smashed ABC (22.2% to just 10.6%) and in 25-54 (22.4% to 11.7%) with network shares.
Top 10 Shows – Total People (Commercial Networks)
|1||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -SUN||Nine||929,000|
|2||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -WED||Nine||921,000|
|3||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -TUE||Nine||899,000|
|4||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT – MON||Nine||884,000|
|5||SEVEN NEWS – SUN||Seven||816,000|
|7||SEVEN NEWS AT 6.30||Seven||796,000|
|8||NINE NEWS SUNDAY||Nine||737,000|
|9||NINE NEWS 6:30||Nine||709,000|
Top 10 Shows – 16-39 (Commercial Networks)
|1||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -SUN||Nine||210,000|
|2||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -MON||Nine||196,000|
|3||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -TUE||Nine||194,000|
|4||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -WED||Nine||188,000|
|5||AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR MON||10||122,000|
|6||AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR SUN||10||113,000|
|7||AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR TUES||10||105,000|
|8||THURSDAY NIGHT NRL LIVE||Nine||92,000|
|9||FRIDAY NIGHT NRL LIVE||Nine||85,000|
Top 10 Shows – 25-54 (Commercial Networks)
|1||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -SUN||Nine||414,000|
|2||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -WED||Nine||402,000|
|3||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -MON||Nine||400,000|
|4||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -TUE||Nine||393,000|
|5||AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR SUN||10||262,000|
|6||AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR MON||10||238,000|
|7||NINE NEWS SUNDAY||Nine||234,000|
|8||AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR TUES||10||234,000|
|9||SEVEN NEWS – SUN||Seven||210,000|
|10||THE HUNDRED WITH ANDY LEE||Nine||195,000|
How the Networks Analysed their Own Performance
Note: N/A means the network has not sent out a report today
Note: This post will update as networks often send out releases later on Sunday OR Monday morning
- Married At First Sight continues to completely dominate Australian viewing. All four episodes this week took out the Top 4 programs with People 25-54, 16-39, GS + Child and Total People across the 5 City Metro. The show drove 9Network to an incredible 46.9% share in 16-39s and 48.5% in Grocery Shopper + Child.
- Sunday night’s episode of MAFS was the most watched program of the week in Australia. It currently has a Total TV audience of 1.914 million viewers (metro: 929,000 / regional: 357,000 BVOD: 628,000) and is continuing to grow.
- The first 19 episodes of MAFS have each recorded a Total TV audience in excess of 1.7 million viewers, with two episodes so far being viewed by more than 2 million viewers. Their Total TV average audience continues to attract new viewers every day. Episode one of MAFS is the highest rating episode of the series to date. As of Friday, its Total TV audience currently sits at 2.010 million viewers (Metro Consolidated 7: 982,000 / Regional Consolidated 7: 300,000 / BVOD: 728,000).
- Seven episodes of MAFS currently have a BVOD audience greater than 700,000.
- This week also saw the return of the NRL season, with the opening game of Eels v Storm. With an average audience of 751,000 (metro: 455,000 / regional: 224,000 / BVOD: 72,000), the game recorded the highest ever Live BVOD audience for a regular season match, which was a 38% increase Year on Year and in linear was #1 with all key demos in Sydney and Brisbane.
- Across the network shares (prime time), 9Network was a dominant No.1 in all key demos, incredibly gaining almost a 50% share in some demos: 25-54s (45.3%),16-39s (46.9%), Grocery Shopper + Child (48.5%) and was No.1 in Total People with a 43.9% share.
- Across the primary channel shares (prime time), Channel 9 was also a clear No.1 in all key demos: 25-54s (35.4%),16-39s (39.2%), Grocery Shopper + Child (40%) and was No.1 in Total People with a 33.7% share.
- Channel 9 had the top seven programs in the Top 10 across Total People.