Nine has won week 8 in Total People, 16-39 and 25-54 and both in primary and network shares.
Sunday 19 February to Saturday 25 February, 2023
Network Share Total People
Primary Share Total People
Network Share 16-39
Primary Share 16-39
Network Share 25-54
Primary Share 25-54
Multi Channel Total People
5 Capital City Network Total People
5 Capital City Primary Total People
Nine has a clean sweep winning Network Total People and Network Primary Channel as well as Network / Primary 16-39 and Network / Primary 25-54.
Nine claimed a Total People Network win in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne. Seven took Adelaide and Perth. Nine claimed a Total People Primary win in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide. Seven took Perth.
Seven can claim highest multi channel for the week with 7two.
10 Peach was the highest rating multi channel in both 16-39 and 25-54.
ABC TV did beat 10 in total people in both network and primary channel, however, it should be noted that ABC have a massive advantage in older age brackets. In 16-39, 10 smashed ABC (23.9% to just 12.9%) and in 25-54 (22.7% to 13.3%) with network shares.
Top 10 Shows – Total People (Commercial Networks)
|1||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -SUN||Nine||959,000|
|2||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -WED||Nine||925,000|
|3||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -TUE||Nine||869,000|
|4||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -MON||Nine||838,000|
|6||SEVEN NEWS AT 6.30||Seven||814,000|
|7||SEVEN NEWS – SUN||Seven||787,000|
|8||NINE NEWS 6:30||Nine||722,000|
|10||NINE NEWS SUNDAY||Nine||661,000|
Top 10 Shows – 16-39 (Commercial Networks)
|1||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -SUN||Nine||213,000|
|2||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -TUE||Nine||204,000|
|3||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -MON||Nine||188,000|
|4||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -WED||Nine||183,000|
|5||AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR SUN||10||129,000|
|6||AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR MON||10||125,000|
|7||AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR TUES||10||108,000|
|10||SEVEN NEWS – SUN||Seven||80,000|
Top 10 Shows – 25-54 (Commercial Networks)
|1||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -SUN||Nine||427,000|
|2||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -WED||Nine||382,000|
|3||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -TUE||Nine||380,000|
|4||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -MON||Nine||370,000|
|5||AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR SUN||10||256,000|
|6||AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR MON||10||256,000|
|7||AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR TUES||10||237,000|
|9||NINE NEWS SUNDAY||Nine||209,000|
|10||SEVEN NEWS – SUN||Seven||197,000|
How the Networks Analysed their Own Performance
Note: N/A means the network has not sent out a report today
Note: This post will update as networks often send out releases later on Sunday OR Monday morning
- Married At First Sight has once again shown that it is the biggest show on Australian television. All four episodes this week took out the Top 4 programs with People 25-54, 16-39 and GS + Child. It also took out the Top 3 programs with Total People across the 5 City Metro.
- Sunday night’s episode of MAFS was the most watched program of the week in Australia. It currently has a Total TV audience of 1.873 million viewers (Metro o/night: 961,000 / Regional o/night: 301,000 / BVOD: 611,000). This figure will rise in the coming weeks and months.
- MAFS Episode 16 on Wednesday night recorded the highest Live BVOD Audience of the season to date at 157,000 (+61% YoY)
- MAFS is currently averaging more than its commercial competitors in the same time slot combined.
- Across the network shares (prime time), 9Network was a dominant No.1 in all key demos: 25-54s (22.8%),16-39s (43.1%), Grocery Shopper + Child (45.6%) and was No.1 in Total People with a 43.2% share.
- Across the primary channel shares (prime time), Channel 9 was also a clear No.1 in all key demos: 25-54s (32.9%),16-39s (34.8%), Grocery Shopper + Child (36.9%) and was No.1 in Total People with a 32.3% share.