Weekly Ratings Australia – Nine has won week 10 in Total People, 16-39 and 25-54 and both in primary and network shares.
Sunday 5 March to Saturday 11 March, 2023
Network Share Total People
Primary Share Total People
Network Share 16-39
Primary Share 16-39
Network Share 25-54
Primary Share 25-54
Multi Channel Total People
5 Capital City Network Total People
5 Capital City Primary Total People
Nine has a clean sweep winning Network Total People and Network Primary Channel as well as Network / Primary 16-39 and Network / Primary 25-54.
Nine claimed a Total People Network win in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide. Seven took Perth. Nine claimed a Total People Primary win in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide. Seven took Perth.
Seven can claim highest multi channel for the week with 7two.
10 Peach was the highest rating multi channel in both 16-39 and 25-54.
ABC TV did beat 10 in total people in both network and primary channel, however, it should be noted that ABC have a massive advantage in older age brackets. In 16-39, 10 smashed ABC (24.2% to just 10.0%) and in 25-54 (23.0% to 11.2%) with network shares.
Top 10 Shows – Total People (Commercial Networks)
|1||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -SUN||Nine||990,000|
|2||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -WED||Nine||896,000|
|3||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -MON||Nine||856,000|
|4||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -TUE||Nine||848,000|
|5||SEVEN NEWS – SUN||Seven||808,000|
|6||NINE NEWS SUNDAY||Nine||797,000|
|8||SEVEN NEWS AT 6.30||Seven||774,000|
|9||NINE NEWS 6:30||Nine||694,000|
Top 10 Shows – 16-39 (Commercial Networks)
|1||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -SUN||Nine||227,000|
|2||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -MON||Nine||201,000|
|3||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -WED||Nine||186,000|
|4||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -TUE||Nine||165,000|
|5||AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR TUES||10||143,000|
|6||AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR SUN||10||138,000|
|7||AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR MON||10||137,000|
|8||NINE NEWS SUNDAY||Nine||102,000|
Top 10 Shows – 25-54 (Commercial Networks)
|1||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -SUN||Nine||438,000|
|2||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -MON||Nine||385,000|
|3||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -WED||Nine||380,000|
|4||MARRIED AT FIRST SIGHT -TUE||Nine||361,000|
|5||AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR SUN||10||290,000|
|6||AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR MON||10||285,000|
|7||AUSTRALIAN SURVIVOR TUES||10||283,000|
|8||NINE NEWS SUNDAY||Nine||249,000|
|10||SEVEN NEWS – SUN||Seven||190,000|
How the Networks Analysed their Own Performance
Note: N/A means the network has not sent out a report today
Note: This post will update as networks often send out releases later on Sunday OR Monday morning
- For another week straight, Married At First Sight completely dominated Australian viewing. All four episodes this week took out the Top 4 programs with People 25-54, 16-39, GS + Child and Total People across the 5 City Metro.
- Sunday night’s episode of MAFS was the most watched program of the week in Australia. It currently has a Total TV audience of 1.9 million viewers (metro: 990,000 / regional: 301,000 BVOD: 595,000) and is continuing to grow.
- The first 22 episodes of MAFS have each recorded a Total TV audience in excess of 1.7 million viewers, with nine episodes so far being viewed by more than 2 million viewers. Their Total TV average audience continues to attract new viewers every day. Episode 16 of MAFS is the highest rating episode of the series to date. As of Friday, its Total TV audience currently sits at more than 2.080 million viewers (Metro Consolidated 7: 1.035 million / Regional Consolidated 7: 337,000 / BVOD: 708,000).
- Ten episodes of MAFS now have a BVOD audience of 700,000 or greater.
- Sunday Afternoon NRL recorded the highest rating metro game since 2018 and the highest ever Live BVOD Audience for a Sunday match on Nine, recording a Live BVOD Audience of 40,000 (+85% YoY). The game completely dominated its timeslot in Sydney and Brisbane across all demos.
- Across the network shares (prime time), 9Network was a dominant No.1 in all key demos: 25-54s (43.8%),16-39s (45.1%), Grocery Shopper + Child (47.9%) and was No.1 in Total People with a 43.4% share.
- Across the primary channel shares (prime time), Channel 9 was also a clear No.1 in all key demos: 25-54s (34.1%),16-39s (37.4%), Grocery Shopper + Child (39.2%) and was No.1 in Total People with a 33.4% share.
- Channel 9 again had seven programs in the Top 10 across Total People.
Weekly Ratings Australia
Link to OzTam HERE
TV Centrak Ratings section HERE