Weekly Ratings Australia – Nine takes total people network and primary channel. Nine wins 16-39 and 25-54, both in network and primary shares.
Sunday 11 June to Saturday 17 June, 2023
Network Share Total People
Primary Share Total People
Network Share 16-39
Primary Share 16-39
Network Share 25-54
Primary Share 25-54
Multi Channel Total People
5 Capital City Network Total People
5 Capital City Primary Total People
Nine wins in Total People Network and Total People Primary Channel shares.
Nine wins in 16-39 demographics in Network and Primary Channel shares.
Nine wins in 25-54 demographics in Network and Primary Channel shares.
7mate was the highest multi channel in Total People.
7mate was the highest multi channel in 16-39.
7mate was the highest multi channel in 25-54.
10 did beat ABC in a close total people network race, but lost out slightly in total people primary shares, however, it should be noted that ABC have a massive advantage in older age brackets. In 16-39, 10 smashed ABC (20.8% to just 9.0%) and in 25-54 (20.6% to 9.8%) with network shares.
Top 10 Shows – Total People (Commercial Networks)
|2||SEVEN NEWS AT 6.30||Seven||905,000|
|3||SEVEN NEWS – SUN||Seven||842,000|
|5||NINE NEWS SUNDAY||Nine||799,000|
|6||NINE NEWS 6:30||Nine||784,000|
|7||SEVEN NEWS – SAT||Seven||716,000|
|9||A CURRENT AFFAIR||Nine||623,000|
|10||NINE NEWS SATURDAY||Nine||592,000|
Top 10 Shows – 16-39 (Commercial Networks)
|1||HAVE YOU BEEN PAYING ATTENTION?||10||112,000|
|3||NINE NEWS SUNDAY||Nine||96,000|
|4||SEVEN NEWS AT 6.30||Seven||94,000|
|5||MASTERCHEF AUSTRALIA TUES||10||91,000|
|6||PARENTAL GUIDANCE -MON||Nine||88,000|
|7||PARENTAL GUIDANCE -TUE||Nine||87,000|
|8||MASTERCHEF AUSTRALIA MON||10||86,000|
|9||SEVEN’S AFL: MONDAY AFTERNOON FOOTBALL||Seven||86,000|
|10||THE MID-YEAR ASHES: FIRST TEST -ENG V AUS -SESSION 1 -D2||Nine||86,000|
Top 10 Shows – 25-54 (Commercial Networks)
|1||HAVE YOU BEEN PAYING ATTENTION?||10||245,000|
|3||SEVEN NEWS AT 6.30||Seven||234,000|
|4||NINE NEWS SUNDAY||Nine||227,000|
|6||NINE NEWS 6:30||Nine||214,000|
|7||MASTERCHEF AUSTRALIA MON||10||213,000|
|9||MASTERCHEF AUSTRALIA TUES||10||204,000|
|10||THE CHEAP SEATS||10||203,000|
How the Networks Analysed their Own Performance
Note: N/A means the network has not sent out a report today
Note: This post will update as networks often send out releases later on Sunday OR Monday morning
The main points to summarise this week from a Nine perspective are:
- The launch of The Ashes this week has driven the 9Network and Channel 9 to a comprehensive win with all key demos and Total People.
- Across the network shares (prime time), 9Network was No. 1 with the following shares:
- People 25-54: 39.8%
- People 16-39: 38.7%
- Grocery Shopper + Child: 43.4%
- Total People: 39.7%
- Across the primary channel shares (prime time), Channel 9 was No. 1 with the following shares:
- People 25-54: 27.4%
- People 16-39: 27.9%
- Grocery Shopper + Child: 33%
- Total People: 28.3%
- Session 1of Day 1 of The Ashes recorded a Total TV average audience of 903,000 (Metro: 536,000 / Regional: 244,000 / BVOD: 123,000).
- Session 1 of Day 2 of The Ashes recorded a Total TV average audience of 841,000 (Metro: 502,000 / Regional: 231,000 / BVOD: 108,000).
- Nine News Sunday was the No. 1 program of the week with Grocery Shopper + Child.
- Parental Guidance was the No. 2 and No. 3 program of the week with Grocery Shopper + Child.
Parental Guidance continues tonight at 8.00pm on Channel 9, while The Ashes continues tonight at 7.30pm on 9Gem. State of Origin II kicks off on Wednesday night and our highly anticipated drama, Warnie, airs next Sunday, June 25 at 7.00pm and Monday, June 26 at 7.30pm.
Weekly Ratings Australia
Link to OzTam HERE
TV Central Ratings section HERE