Weekly Ratings Australia – Nine takes total people in network and primary channel shares. Nine also wins 16-39 and 25-54 demographics in network and primary channel shares.
Sunday 1 October to Saturday 7 October, 2023
Weekly Ratings Australia – Week 40
Network Share Total People
Primary Share Total People
Network Share 16-39
Primary Share 16-39
Network Share 25-54
Primary Share 25-54
Multi Channel Total People
5 Capital City Network Total People
5 Capital City Primary Total People
Weekly Ratings Australia – Analysis
Nine wins in Total People Network and Total People Primary Channel shares.
Nine wins in 16-39 demographics in Network and Primary Channel shares.
Nine wins in 25-54 demographics in Network and Primary Channel shares.
7two was the highest multi channel in Total People.
10 Peach was the highest multi channel in 16-39.
10 Peach was the highest multi channel in 25-54.
ABC did beat 10 in total people network and primary channel shares. However, it should be noted that ABC have a massive advantage in older age brackets. In 16-39, 10 smashed ABC (19.7% to just 9.9%) and in 25-54 (20.8% to 10.8%) with network shares.
Weekly Ratings Australia – Top 10 Shows
Top 10 Shows – Total People (Commercial Networks)
|1||NRL GRAND FINAL DAY -MATCH||Nine||2,045,000|
|2||NRL GRAND FINAL DAY -ENTERTAINMENT||Nine||1,051,000|
|3||NRL GRAND FINAL DAY -POST MATCH||Nine||922,000|
|4||SEVEN NEWS – SUN||Seven||829,000|
|5||SEVEN NEWS AT 6.30||Seven||814,000|
|7||SEVEN NEWS – SAT||Seven||721,000|
|8||THE BLOCK -MON||Nine||714,000|
|9||NINE NEWS 6:30||Nine||712,000|
Top 10 Shows – 16-39 (Commercial Networks)
|1||NRL GRAND FINAL DAY -MATCH||Nine||499,000|
|2||NRL GRAND FINAL DAY -ENTERTAINMENT||Nine||228,000|
|3||NRL GRAND FINAL DAY -POST MATCH||Nine||224,000|
|4||THE BLOCK -MON||Nine||150,000|
|5||THE BLOCK -TUE||Nine||135,000|
|6||HAVE YOU BEEN PAYING ATTENTION?||10||111,000|
|7||THE BLOCK -WED||Nine||108,000|
|8||WOMEN’S NRL PREMIERSHIP -GRAND FINAL -POST MATCH||Nine||108,000|
|9||THE MASKED SINGER AUSTRALIA – REVEAL||10||100,000|
|10||NINE NEWS SUNDAY||Nine||96,000|
Top 10 Shows – 25-54 (Commercial Networks)
|1||NRL GRAND FINAL DAY -MATCH||Nine||868,000|
|2||NRL GRAND FINAL DAY -ENTERTAINMENT||Nine||420,000|
|3||NRL GRAND FINAL DAY -POST MATCH||Nine||408,000|
|4||THE BLOCK -MON||Nine||319,000|
|5||THE BLOCK -TUE||Nine||288,000|
|6||THE AMAZING RACE AUSTRALIA: CELEBRITY – LAUNCH||10||243,000|
|7||HAVE YOU BEEN PAYING ATTENTION?||10||226,000|
|8||THE BLOCK -WED||Nine||224,000|
|9||WOMEN’S NRL PREMIERSHIP -GRAND FINAL -POST MATCH||Nine||204,000|
|10||THE MASKED SINGER AUSTRALIA – REVEAL||10||202,000|
Weekly Ratings Australia – How the Networks Analysed their Own Performance
Note: N/A means the network has not sent out a report today
Note: This post will update as networks often send out releases later on Sunday OR Monday morning
The main points to summarise this week from a Nine perspective are:
- Across the network shares (prime time), the 9Network won all key demos and total people with the following shares:
- People 25-54: 45.3%
- People 16-39: 50%
- Grocery Shopper + Child: 48%
- Total People: 43.2%
- Across the primary channel shares (prime time), Channel 9 also won all key demos and total people with the following shares:
- People 25-54: 34.7%
- People 16-39: 40.7%
- Grocery Shopper + Child: 38.7%
- Total People: 32.9%
- Sunday night’s NRL Premiership decider between the Penrith Panthers and Brisbane Broncos attracted a record Australian Grand Final streaming audience with 605,000 on 9Now – the largest for a rugby league game in history.
- The NRL Grand Final scored a national average audience of 2.919 million viewers on Linear TV (Metro: 2.045 m / Regional: 874,000) which, with the Live BVOD figure of 605,000 took the TotalTV audience to 3.524 million viewers.
- The NRLW Grand Final between the Newcastle Knights and the Gold Coast Titans recorded the highest ever BVOD/streaming Audience for an NRLW game, and was up 64% on the 2022 NRLW Grand Final.
- The NRLW Grand Final was also the most watched ever on Linear TV with 719,000, 18% more than the previous best from 2022, tuning in for a record Total TV figure of 807,000.
Monday night’s episode of The Blockrecorded a Live BVOD Audience of 116,000 (+30% YoY), making it the highest reveal episode to date
Weekly Ratings Australia
Link to OzTam HERE
TV Central Ratings section HERE
Weekly Ratings Australia