WTFAQ on ABC – You ask. We answer. The new 8-part entertaining and enlightening series WTFAQ (pronounced What The FAQ) answers burning viewer questions from Wednesday 30th August at 9pm on ABC TV and ABC iview.
WTFAQ’s crack team of presenters – Chas Licciardello, Alex Lee, Lawrence Leung, Lou Wall, Cameron James and Kirsten Drysdale – hit the sweet spot where comedy meets inquisition to answer the questions that have sparked curiosity in the minds of our audience for far too long.
They perform scientific experiments and demonstrations, talk to experts, put their bodies on the line and even answer the odd question with a full-blown musical sequence.
They’ll go to whatever lengths it takes to find the answers to questions including:
- Is it really dangerous to use my phone on the plane?
- Do dogs really love their owners?
- Is Centrelink’s hold music deliberately annoying?
- Are gas stoves bad for your health?
- Who comes up with the names for paint colours and why are they so weird?
- Why is yawning contagious?
- What would a truly representative Federal parliament look like?
- Are there any names you legally cannot call your children?
Each episode features 6-7 viewer questions with the WTFAQ presenters going on a journey of discovery to answer each question in an entertaining and engaging way.
TV’s been dumbing down society long enough – it’s time TV became part of the solution.
If you have a question for the team to answer, submit it here
Production credits: A Mercury Scout production for the ABC. Executive Producers Chas Licciardello and Martin Robertson. Directors Stef Smith and Steve Kirkby. ABC Executive Producer Mark Sutton. ABC Head of Entertainment Nick Hayden. ABC Commercial is managing world-wide distribution.
WTFAQ – Wednesday 30 August at 9.00pm on ABC TV and ABC iview
Media Release – ABC
TV Central ABC content HERE