Saltburn on Prime Video – Academy Award winning filmmaker Emerald Fennell (Promising Young Woman) brings us a beautifully wicked tale of privilege and desire.
Struggling to find his place at Oxford University, student Oliver Quick (Barry Keoghan) finds himself drawn into the world of the charming and aristocratic Felix Catton (Jacob Elordi), who invites him to Saltburn, his eccentric family’s sprawling estate, for a summer never to be forgotten.
Written and Directed by Emerald Fennell
Produced by Emerald Fennell, p.g.a; Margot Robbie, p.g.a; Josey McNamara, p.g.a
Starring Barry Keoghan, Jacob Elordi, Rosamund Pike, Richard E. Grant, Alison Oliver, Archie Madekwe, and Carey Mulligan
- Following its theatrical release in November and Prime Video debut on December 22, Academy Award-winning filmmaker Emerald Fennell’s Saltburn has become a global cultural phenomenon, with audiences around the world embracing the film’s shocking moments and sharp, quick-witted dialogue. Following its release on the platform, Saltburn is among Prime Video’s top 10 worldwide film debuts* and represents the highest week-over-week growth for any Prime Video film in 2023. Additionally, since its first weekend, Saltburn’s total viewership has grown nearly 4x, demonstrating its viral marketing campaign and strong word-of-mouth. Prior to its debut on Prime Video, Amazon MGM Studios released the film in theaters domestically and in Canada, the U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand via Warner Bros. as part of its international distribution pact, grossing over $20 million at the worldwide box office thus far.
- “It’s been so exciting to seeSaltburn take off with audiences all over the world on Prime Video and in theaters,” said Jennifer Salke, head of Amazon MGM Studios. “This original comedic thriller could only be brought to life by visionary storyteller and Academy Award-winning writer and director, Emerald Fennell. We are also grateful for our partnership with LuckyChap’s Margot Robbie, Josey McNamara, Tom Ackerley, and our friends at MRC. It’s been wonderful to see our amazing cast led by Barry Keoghan, Jacob Elordi, Rosamund Pike, and Richard E. Grant breaking the internet week after week!”
- “It’s so rewarding to see audiences having so much fun with this film and embracing the thrill ride it takes you on,” said Sue Kroll, head of marketing, Amazon MGM Studios. “It all started with Emerald’s extraordinary imagination of the world that is Saltburn, and her brilliant script that brought it to life. Our strategically curated campaign was inspired by her audacious vision and a targeted marketing, PR, and social strategy, with a theatrical push, driving word-of-mouth and igniting a cultural conversation. From its stunning immersive world, memorable characters, and shocking scenes, to inspired, fan-created merch, Saltburn continues to surprise and delight audiences and has become a true global phenomenon. In the words of Rosamund Pike’s character ‘Elspeth,’ we are feeling ‘bliss, bliss, bliss.’”
- Saltburn hails from Amazon MGM Studios, MRC, and LuckyChap Entertainment and is written, directed, and produced by Emerald Fennell. Josey McNamara and Margot Robbie also produce the film, which stars Barry Keoghan, Jacob Elordi, Rosamund Pike, Richard E. Grant, Archie Madekwe, and Alison Oliver. Tom Ackerley and Tim Wellspring executive produce.
- Saltburn was just longlisted in 11 categories for the EE BAFTA Film Awards, including Outstanding British Film, Director, Original Screenplay, Leading Actor (Barry Keoghan), Supporting Actress (Rosamund Pike), and Supporting Actor (Jacob Elordi). The film also received Golden Globe Award nominations for Best Performance by a Male Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama (Barry Keoghan) and Best Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role in any Motion Picture (Rosamund Pike), as well as Critics’ Choice Award nominations for Best Picture, Best Cinematography, and Best Production Design.
- Saltburn-themed videos have garnered nearly 4 BILLION views on TikTok alone, while the film garnered over 3 million influencer/creator engagements with a combined reach of 166 million. Additionally, the official Saltburn social AV garnered 153 million views.
- Meanwhile, Sophie Ellis-Bextor’s 2002 song “Murder on the Dancefloor,” which was featured in a key scene in the film, has hit number 1 on Spotify’s viral U.S. singles chart and number 19 on iTunes singles chart. Additionally, Mason and Princess Superstar’s 2007 collab “Perfect (Exceeder),” which was also featured in the film, has hit number 6 on Spotify’s viral U.S. singles chart.
- Saltburn premiered at the Telluride Film Festival, followed by BFI’s London Film Festival Opening Night Gala. The film was also a part of Fantastic Fest and Beyond Fest.
- This news comes on the heels of Prime Video’s release of the Eddie Murphy-led holiday comedy Candy Cane Lane, which Amazon MGM Studios shared was its most-watched in-house produced movie debut ever in the U.S. The studio also produced George Clooney’s The Boys in the Boat and TIFF’s People’s Choice Award winner American Fiction, (yet to be released in Australia & New Zealand) and has also earned five Critics’ Choice Award nominations, including Best Picture, and two Golden Globe Award nominations including Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy. Some upcoming film releases for Amazon MGM include: Road House, an adrenaline-fueled reimagining of the 80s cult classic starring Jake Gyllenhaal (on Prime Video March 21), Challengers starring Zendaya (in theaters in April), and The Idea of You, based on the acclaimed, contemporary love story of the same name, starring Anne Hathaway (on Prime Video May 2).
- Prime Video is a one-stop entertainment destination offering customers a large collection of premium entertainment in a single application: On Prime Video, customers can find their favourite movies and series under one roof, be it entertainment produced by Amazon MGM Studios or by other studios, third-party channels made accessible as an add-on subscription through Prime Video Channels, and titles to rent or buy via the Prime Video Store.
Saltburn on Prime Video – now streaming
Saltburn on Prime Video
Media Release – Prime Video
Saltburn on Prime Video
TV Central Prime Video content HERE
Saltburn on Prime Video