James Magnussen (Dancing with the Stars) – is an Australian former competitive swimmer who specialized in sprint freestyle events.
He gained significant recognition and success in the swimming world, particularly in the 100-meter freestyle discipline. Known for his powerful and explosive swimming style, Magnussen was often referred to as “The Missile.” He announced his retirement from competitive swimming in November 2019.
He is no stranger to reality TV, putting himself on the line for SAS Australia. He is now challenging himself in a different way – as a contestant on this season of Dancing with the Stars.
On this podcast James Magnussen chats about:
- the similarities and differences between Dancing with the Stars and SAS Australia
- the pressure of dancing in front of an audience
- why he said ‘yes’ to Dancing with the Stars
- the benefits of having a tall frame
- how long did each rehearsel take
- whether it was a supportive or competitive atmosphere
- support from his partner
- how he met his soon to be wife
- having Todd McKenney and Craig Revell Horwood as judges
- whether its an even spread of talent or very far apart
- advantages of the musician celebrities
- rapport with Issa Shultz
- plans since retirement from competitive swimming
- the positives of gold medal loss at London 2012
- competiveness on Dancing with the Stars
Dancing with the Stars – Sunday 18 June, 2023 at 7.00pm on Channel 7 and 7plus
TV Central Seven content HERE
Thanks to Jonathan Lister at Seven for organising this podcast.
Pick your player below. The podcast is also available through Apple Podcasts, Deezer, Amazon, Stitcher, iheart Radio and more
Dancing with the Stars