Own a piece of Disney story telling as Create Auction goes live – Today, in celebration of 100 years of Disney, audiences around the world can bid in the Create 100 auction and take home a piece of Disney storytelling.
The global auction features unique items, artworks and experiences donated from some of the most renowned visionaries and next generation talent within fashion, music, art and more. These pieces and experiences are inspired by each creator’s personal connection to stories and characters across Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and 20th Century. The auction will run across 18 countries from today until October 30, 2023, benefitting Make-A-Wish®.
Representing Australia and New Zealand, Australian fashion designer and creative powerhouse, Camilla Franks, created a spectacular, couture gown inspired by Mickey Mouse’s longtime sweetheart, the incomparable Minnie Mouse. Her next generation creative nomination, Bella Bruzesse, who has created fashion and textile designs for artists includingKaty Perry and Cardi B, donated a leather and crystal mask inspired by the Cheshire Cat from Alice In Wonderland titled ‘By A Cheshire Chance’.
The incredible lineup of auction items includes:
- Black is King catsuit, worn by Beyoncé
- ‘CACTUS BUDDY!’ GOOFY FAN CLUB sculpted artwork by CACTUSPLANT FLEA MARKET
- ‘Un Niño En La Tierra Del Olvido’ jacket by CarlosVives and Gusi
- Portrait of Kate Moss inspired by Disney’sTinker Bell by David Downton by Charlotte Tilbury
- ‘The Sea Queen Shoe’ by ChristianLouboutin
- Disney Mickey Mouse [Archival] Sweatshirt by MarcJacobs
- Portrait inspired by Mufasa from Disney’s The Lion King by Meji Alabi and MayowaAlabi
- Life-size hariko papier-mâché YODA byNIGO®
- ‘The Pink PP Hulk’ by Pierpaolo Piccioli, Valentino Creative Director
- ‘NAMASTE MICKEY’ by Sabyasachi Mukherjee
- ‘The Boy and the Bird’ wearable crystal sculpture by Schiaparelli by Daniel Roseberry
- ‘Together Forever’ painted oil guitar by Sebastian Yatra and Roberta Lobeira
- Disney x TH Varsity Jacket by TOMMY HILFIGER
- ‘ForArt’s Sake’ archival inkjet print of a collage of Mickey Mouse by VikMuniz
- ‘Structural Sorcerer- a Sorcerer’s ApprenticeMickey sculpture’ commissioned by Disney and designed by Virgil Abloh Securities’ design firm, ALASKA ALASKA
- And many more.
Additionally, Kevin Feige (Marvel Studios), Jennifer Lee(Walt Disney Animation Studios), Jon Landau (Lightstorm Entertainment) and Pete Docter (Pixar Animation Studios) have also donated items or experiences celebrating their respective studios, movies and stories.
To commemorate this initiative, Disney donated $1 million to Make-A-Wish globally to support the granting of life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses.
For more than 40 years, Disney and Make-A-Wish have granted wishes together for more than 150,000 children with critical illnesses worldwide and Disney is honoured to be the world’s top wish granter for Make-A-Wish. The life-changing wishes include shopping sprees, studio visits, theme park and resort vacations, cruises, talent meet-and-greets, sports-themed experiences and more. Many Disney cast members are also wish-granting volunteers, parents of wish kids or wish alumni themselves. To explore the auction lineup and place a bid, visit https://au.disneycreate100.givergy.com/au
Media Release – Disney
Link to Disney+ content HERE
Own a piece of Disney story telling as Create Auction goes live
TV Central Disney+ content HERE