Major League Soccer returns the Apple TV app – Starting today, fans in more than 100 countries and regions can sign up for MLS Season Pass on Apple TV to enjoy all of the Major League Soccer action throughout the 2024 season.
With an MLS Season Pass subscription, fans have access to every MLS game with no blackouts, in-depth coverage and analysis, an array of exclusive content and more. This extensive coverage includes access to Leagues Cup, MLS All-Star and Audi MLS Cup Playoffs games.
The upcoming 2024 season — kicking off 22 February — is the second in a historic 10-year partnership between Apple and Major League Soccer, following an unforgettable 2023 season marked by record-setting milestones and the arrival of eight-time Ballon d’Or winner Lionel Messi. Additionally, MLS Season Pass will launch a first-of-its-kind whip-around show for Spanish-speaking fans.
“The first year of our partnership with Major League Soccer exceeded expectations and brought MLS to more fans than ever before,”
– said Eddy Cue, Apple’s senior vice president of Services.
“We look forward to building upon that momentum, celebrating Messi’s first full season with the league, and delivering MLS fans the best experience possible.”
“Launching MLS Season Pass was a transformational moment for our league as soccer fans throughout the world were able to watch MLS games with no restrictions and with terrific production quality thanks to our partnership with Apple,” said Don Garber, MLS’s commissioner. “The first season overdelivered, and year two is going to be even better.”
“From the quality of the broadcasts to the extensive featured content, MLS Season Pass had a great first year,”
– said Darlington Nagbe, Columbus Crew captain and four-time MLS Cup winner.
“It’s been incredible to have all MLS matches available across the globe during such an exciting time for the Crew and the league. Friends and family have been able to easily enjoy matches no matter where they are, which my teammates and I really appreciate. MLS Season Pass is helping to showcase our league, and I’m excited about what’s ahead in 2024.”
Lionel Messi: Inter Miami 2024 Preseason Matches
After joining Inter Miami last July, Messi transformed the North American soccer landscape and brought a global spotlight to Major League Soccer. To get ready for Messi’s first full season in the league, MLS Season Pass subscribers can enjoy Inter Miami preseason matches.
On Thursday, 15 February, at 7:30 pm (US Eastern Standard Time), Miami will welcome Messi’s childhood club, Newell’s Old Boys, for the club’s final 2024 preseason friendly. See below for the complete list of preseason matches scheduled to broadcast on MLS Season Pass in the coming weeks.
MLS is Back: 2024 Opening Weekend
MLS’s 29th season kickoff will be the earliest in league history as Messi and reigning Leagues Cup champion Inter Miami CF host Real Salt Lake in a standalone match on Wednesday, 21 February (US Eastern Standard Time), at DRV PNK Stadium. The match will air at 8:00 pm EST exclusively on MLS Season Pass on Apple TV.
MLS is Back opening week action continues with MLS clubs competing across a slate of 14 matches on Saturday, 24 February and Sunday, 25 February (US Eastern Standard Time), highlighted by the LA Galaxy hosting Inter Miami CF on Sunday, 25 February (US Eastern Standard Time), at Dignity Health Sports Park.
The following Matchday 1 games will be available for free on MLS Season Pass:
Saturday, 24 February (US Eastern Standard Time)
LAFC vs Seattle Sounders FC
4:30 pm EST
D.C. United vs New England Revolution
7:30 pm EST
Orlando City SC vs CF Montréal
7:30 pm EST
Sunday, 25 February (US Eastern Standard Time)
FC Cincinnati vs Toronto FC
2:30 pm EST
The upcoming season will feature exciting new talent and returning global soccer superstars for what promises to be an incredible year, including Atlanta United FC’s Thiago Almada, Caleb Wiley and Giorgos Giakoumakis; Walker Zimmerman and Hany Mukhtar in Nashville; Cucho Hernández and Diego Rossi with Columbus Crew; FC Cincinnati’s Luciano Acosta; Héctor Herrera with Houston Dynamo FC; as well as new goalkeeper for LAFC, Hugo Lloris. Luis Suárez also reunites with Lionel Messi, Sergio Busquets and Jordi Alba at Inter Miami.
The complete 2024 MLS regular-season schedule can be found at mlssoccer.com/news/mls-unveils-2024-regular-season-schedule.
The Ultimate Destination for MLS Fans
MLS Season Pass features every live MLS regular-season match, the entire Audi MLS Cup Playoffs, Leagues Cup, MLS All-Star, Campeones Cup, and selected MLS NEXT and MLS NEXT Pro matches and tournaments all in one place, with no blackouts. Plus, subscribers get exclusive on-demand content and the most expansive and accessible programming line-up ever, including MLS Countdown and MLS Wrap-Up in English, and MLS La Previa and MLS El Resumen in Spanish.
Fans have the ability to join matches live or watch the entire match from the start at any time on demand, with condensed match recaps available for all games. With the Multiview feature, fans can enjoy up to four simultaneous matches at once on Apple TV 4K devices and on iPad.1
To get ready for the 2024 season, fans can explore vast collections of exclusive content on MLS Season Pass, including a look back at highlights from the past season, curated club content, full replays of 2023 matches, stories from around the league and more.
More Ways to Celebrate MLS
- Apple TV+ recently announced a currently untitled Major League Soccer docuseries produced in partnership with award-winning Box to Box Films and Major League Soccer; joining Messi Meets America, a six-part documentary event also produced in association with Major League Soccer, featuring exclusive behind-the-scenes access to Lionel Messi as he made his highly anticipated debut in Leagues Cup and Major League Soccer in 2023; and the upcoming Messi’s World Cup: The Rise of a Legend, the first official and definitive account of Messi’s sensational career with the Argentina national team and his five FIFA World Cup appearances, premiering 21 February 2024.
- The Offside With Taylor Twellman podcast returns 22 February with a brand-new season covering every corner of the league. Hosted by MLS Season Pass lead analyst Taylor Twellman, the podcast features athletes, coaches and executives from global professional soccer, and high-profile guests. Fans can follow the show on Apple Podcasts at apple.co/Offside-Pod.
- On Apple Music, fans can enjoy exclusive club-curated playlists featuring songs and artists that embody the cultures of those clubs, with more music content coming throughout the season at apple.co/AM-MLS.
- On Apple News, users can easily follow their favourite MLS teams in the Sport tab including access to scores, schedules and standings.2 Apple News+ subscribers also have access to The Athletic’s unrivalled sports journalism.
- Siri can answer a wide variety of questions related to MLS, including schedules, scores, standings, club rosters and player stats.3
Subscribing to MLS Season Pass
Fans can subscribe to MLS Season Pass beginning Tuesday, 30 January, on the Apple TV app for A$22.99 inc. GST per month during the season or A$149 inc. GST per season, and Apple TV+ subscribers can sign up at a special price of A$19.99 inc. GST per month or A$119 inc. GST per season.4 A subscription to MLS Season Pass for this season will be included with each full-season MLS club ticket account. Through Family Sharing, up to six family members can share the subscription using their own Apple ID and password.
MLS Season Pass is available on billions of devices through the Apple TV app on Apple devices, smart TVs, streaming devices and game consoles, as well as on the web at tv.apple.com/au. To learn more about how to subscribe to MLS Season Pass, visit apple.co/_MLS_.4
Major League Soccer returns the Apple TV app
Media Release – Apple TV
Major League Soccer returns the Apple TV app
TV Central Apple TV+ content HERE