Killers of the Flower Moon on Apple TV+ – “Killers of the Flower Moon” is an epic western crime saga, where real love crosses paths with unspeakable betrayal.
Based on a true story and told through the improbable romance of Ernest Burkhart (Leonardo DiCaprio) and Mollie Kyle (Lily Gladstone), “Killers of the Flower Moon” tracks the suspicious murders of members of the Osage Nation, who became some of the richest people in the world overnight after oil was discovered underneath their land.
“Killers of the Flower Moon” also stars Robert De Niro and Jesse Plemons, and is directed by Academy Award winner Martin Scorsese from a screenplay by Eric Roth and Martin Scorsese, based on David Grann’s best-selling book.
Hailing from Apple Studios, “Killers of the Flower Moon” was produced alongside Imperative Entertainment, Sikelia Productions and Appian Way. Producers are Martin Scorsese, Dan Friedkin, Bradley Thomas and Daniel Lupi, with Leonardo DiCaprio, Rick Yorn, Adam Sommer, Marianne Bower, Lisa Frechette, John Atwood, Shea Kammer and Niels Juul serving as executive producers.
Director: Martin Scorsese
Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert De Niro, Jesse Plemons, Lily Gladstone, Tantoo Cardinal, John Lithgow, Brendan Fraser, Cara Jade Myers, JaNae Collins, Jillian Dion, William Belleau, Louis Cancelmi, Tatanka Means, Michael Abbot Jr., Pat Healy, Scott Shepard, Jason Isbell, Sturgill Simpson
Writers: Eric Roth, Martin Scorsese
Producers: Martin Scorsese, Dan Friedkin, Bradley Thomas, Daniel Lupi
Exec. Producers: Leonardo DiCaprio, Rick Yorn, Adam Somner, Marianne Bower, Lisa Frechette, John Atwood, Shea Kammer, Niels Juul
8 Facts You Didn’t Know About “Killers of the Flower Moon”
- “Killers of the Flower Moon” is a true crime thriller based on one of the earliest homicide cases the FBI ever took on when the organisation was first created by J. Edward Hoover.
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert De Niro and Lily Gladstone all learned to speak Osage for the film.
- While Martin Scorsese has collaborated with Robert De Niro and Leonardo DiCaprio on 16 films, this is the first time all three have worked together on the same picture – and it’s the first time in 30 years that Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro have acted in a film together, after their first collaboration in “This Boy’s Life.”
- This is Martin Scorsese’s 21st feature film collaboration with editor Thelma Schoonmaker. Their working relationship has spanned 7 decades, and Thelma is the only woman to ever receive three Oscars in the Editing category (“Raging Bull,” “The Aviator” and “The Departed”).
- The film’s director of photography, Rodrigo Prieto, served as cinematographer for three music videos for superstar Taylor Swift – “The Man,” “Cardigan” and “Willow.”
- Paul Thomas Anderson suggested Jack Fisk to Scorsese for this project after collaborating with him on “There Will Be Blood,” which also takes place in the 1920s. Fisk builds his sets from scratch rather than utilising soundstages or computer generated models: both Hale’s house and Mollie’s “country” house were built from the ground up.
- The character that Jesse Plemons plays, Tom White, was an actual Texas Ranger and one of the only FBI agents that J. Edgar Hoover allowed to wear a cowboy hat.
Killers of the Flower Moon – In cinemas Thursday 19 October and then globally on Apple TV+
Media Release – Apple TV+
Killers of the Flower Moon on Apple TV+
TV Central Apple TV+ content HERE