FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 on Optus Sport – Last night’s heartbreaking loss for the Matildas against England was one of the most watched Optus Sport matches during the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023™.
The nail-biting Semi Final became the fourth highest audience for Optus Sport joining two other FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023™ Matilda fixtures in the Optus Sport all-time top 5.
Top 5 matches ever on Optus Sport:
- UEFA EURO 2020 ITA vs ENG 12 July 2021 (exclusive to Optus Sport)
- UEFA EURO 2020 UEFA ENG vs DEN 8 July 2021 (exclusive to Optus Sport)
- FIFA WWC 2023™ AUS vs FRA 12 August 2023 (non-Exclusive to Optus Sport)
- FIFA WWC 2023™ AUS vs ENG 16 August 2023 (non-Exclusive to Optus Sport)
- FIFA WWC 2023™ AUS vs DEN 7 August 2023 (non-Exclusive to Optus Sport)
- Social Video views of WWC23 Optus Sport content in Australia is now over 65m.
- Average viewing time of WWC23 Content by Optus Sport subscribers is now over 20 hours.
- Page views on WWC23 Content articles are over 5m in the last four weeks.
Clive Dickens, Optus Vice President Television, Content and Product Development, said the Matildas loss last night was crushing, but their achievements, passion and popularity has changed the game forever.
“So much has been said about the Matildas inspiring our Football nation and the fact they keep attracting huge audiences who just cannot get enough of their determination on and off the pitch.
“We still have the third-place playoff on Saturday in Brisbane to look forward to, another free game for all Australians.”
Optus is an official supporter and Optus Sport is the official broadcaster of the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023™ in Australia.
Since 2016 Optus Sport has been recognised as the award-winning home of the world’s best football in Australia including exclusive Premier League, exclusive LaLiga, exclusive Barclays Women’s Super League plus exclusive J.League and K League, UEFA national team football, UEFA European qualifiers, UEFA Euro 2024, and Copa America 2024.
- QuickSight analytics, total minutes from all matches in OS history.
- Emplifi, total video views across Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube from 20th July to 16th August 2023
- QuickSight analytics, total minutes streamed and paid account reach from 19th July to 16th August 2023
- Google analytics and Apple News, total article views and unique reach from 20th July to 16th August 2023
Media Release – Optus Sport
Link to Optus Sport HERE
TV Central Optus Sport content HERE