Esteemed mentors unveiled for Ones To Watch 2023 – Screen Producers Australia (SPA) is excited to introduce the distinguished mentors who will guide and inspire the promising talents selected for Ones To Watch 2023.
SPA CEO, Matthew Deaner, shared his enthusiasm for the professional development and mentoring program, stating,
“Ones To Watch serves as a launchpad for early-career producers to learn from the best mentors in the business across a range of genres, including documentary, kids’ content, and drama, helping them refine their skills and build invaluable industry connections.
“SPA’s membership takes the responsibility to develop and care for our industry very seriously. Through the Ones To Watch program our members can mentor the next generation of industry leaders. This provides the mentees with a unique opportunity for personal and professional growth, setting a strong foundation for our screen industry for years to come.”
Over the next few months, each of the Ones To Watch will embark on a one-on-one mentorship journey and partake in an array of professional development opportunities, including a series of webinars to nurture their creative and business acumen in preparation for SCREEN FOREVER 38.
Additionally, participants will have the chance to apply for the Ones To Watch Screen Internship, a program supported by Screen Australia, offering them the opportunity to undertake internships with production companies worldwide, valued at AU$20,000.
The full list of Ones To Watch and their mentors are as follows:
- Alexandra Doering – Ian Collie, Easy Tiger Productions
- Amy Parry – Jo Porter, Curio Pictures
- Gillian Crosby – Tanya Phegan, Guesswork TV
- Jodie Kirkbride – Brett Popplewell, Fremantle Australia
- Lisa Albert – Jennifer Peedom and Jo-Anne McGowan, Stranger Than Fiction
- Michael Hudson – David Jowsey and Greer Simpkin, Bunya Productions
- Monique Mulcahy – Hugh Baldwin, Flying Bark Productions
- Nara Wilson – Suzanne Ryan, SLR Productions
- Stephanie Cole – Melinda Wearne and David Ogilvy, Beyond Productions
- Tessa Mansfield-Hung – Lisa Shaunessy, Arcadia
- Tobias Willis – Alastair MacKinnon, Matchbox Pictures
- Vee Shi – Imogen Banks, Kindling Pictures
The Ones To Watch program not only offers an exceptional learning opportunity but also plays a pivotal role in cultivating the next generation of industry leaders. SPA extends its gratitude to the program partners for their continued support and wishes the participants a successful journey as they look forward to their in-person meeting at SCREEN FOREVER 38 in March 2024.
For more information about the Ones To Watch program and the full profiles of the 2023 cohort, visit https://spa.swoogo.com/otw23/home.
Media Release – Screen Producers Australia
Esteemed mentors unveiled for Ones To Watch 2023
TV Central Screen Producers Australia content HERE