Carols by Candlelight on Channel 9 – This Christmas Eve Australian music icon Paul Kelly will make his debut, as well as Award-winning music phenomenon G Flip, at Vision Australia’s Carols by Candlelight presented by AAMI, hosted by David Campbell and Sarah Abo live from the Sidney Myer Music Bowl on Sunday, December 24, at 8.00pm on Channel 9 and 9Now.
Having won 17 ARIA Awards and been inducted into the ARIA Hall of Fame in 1997, Kelly will light up the stage as he performs his classic Christmas track, How to Make Gravy.
LA-based music phenomenon G Flip made waves this year around the world with the release of the DRUMMER album that topped the ARIA charts and was nominated for album of the year and best rock album at the ARIA Awards. G Flip also took home awards for best live act and best video, and will electrify the audience at the Music Bowl.
And viewers can also expect spectacular performances from a show-stopper lineup featuring:
- Star of the hit TV series Nashville, Clare Bowen, with her husband Brandon Robert Young, as the duo BOWEN * YOUNG with Timothy James Bowen
- Modern soul artist, Wils’n
- Sheridan Adams and Courtney Monsma, who play lead roles in Wicked The Musical
- The talented Virginia Gay
- Australian world music star Mitch Tambo
- 2023 ARIA Award winner Emma Memma
- The cast of Grease The Musical, including the legendary Marcia Hines, Patti Newton and Jay Laga’aia
- Beloved Thndo, returning with fellow cast member of RENT: The musical, Calista Nelmes
- The wonderful Casey Donovan
- Irish-born Australian performer Bobby Fox
- Australian singer-songwriter and actress Bonnie Anderson
- Indigenous singer-songwriter Jess Hitchcock
- The casts of the top musical productions GroundHog Day, Miss Saigon and A Christmas Carol
- AAMI ambassador and Vision Australia client Lara Nakhle
- Our talented host, David Campbell
- Nine’s beloved Carols family: including David Hobson, Marina Prior, Silvie Paladino and Denis Walter, as well as a special performance from Simon Gleeson and his daughter Molly.
- And a special appearance from Santa Claus himself, straight from the North Pole
Musical director and maestro John Foreman OAM, assisted by Vision Australia’s Carols by Candlelight choirmaster Doug Heywood OAM, will once again guide our musicians.
The Australian Girls Choir, the National Boys Choir and Melbourne Gospel Choir will also return with performances.
Carols by Candlelight is Vision Australia’s biggest annual fundraiser for children’s services, with 100 per cent of profits from ticket sales going directly towards supporting close to 2000 families whose children are blind or have low vision. Tickets to the Sidney Myer Music Bowl are on sale now and can be purchased via www.carolsbycandlelight.com.au
Carols by Candlelight on Channel 9 and 9Now – Sunday 24 December, 2023 at 8pm
Media Release – Nine
TV Central Nine content HERE
Carols by Candlelight on Channel 9
For ticket sales or donations to Vision Australia visit www.givetocarols.com